Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday #24

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey


Welcome to Thankful Thursday! If you'd like to participate, just copy the T.T. button on my sidebar and paste it into your post. Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, come back here and link up with Mr. Linky. It's that easy!

Here's my list for this week.

1) I am thankful that my husband is a good provider for his family. Ever since giving birth to my first daughter, I have been able to stay at home to raise our children because my husband is a hard worker and a good provider. I realize that God is the one who has poured out His blessings onto us, but my hubby has been there to work hard - really hard and I appreciate him.

2) Photobucket I am thankful for the opportunity to look out onto my birdfeeder and see this really cool bird yesterday. Along with this bird, I saw a cardinal, goldfinch, and an indigo bunting. It was an amazing display of God's creativity and color scheme. I love His creations.

3) I am thankful for the opportunity to be part of a praise band at my church. We are an upbeat praise band that plays on Saturday Night. This has allowed people who don't normally attend on Sunday morning to come and see what it's all about. Hey, Paul tells us to be all things for all people! Glory to God for His faithfulness.

4) I am thankful that when my 3 1/2 year old daughter, Tiffany, found her long lost watch the other day, she said exuberantly, "Praise God, I've found my lost watch!" She's learned to give God the glory for the good things in life. Music to my soul.

5) I am thankful for each one of you who link up to this blog. You are a blessing because together we are a song of praise being sung to our King!

12 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful! I LOVE when the wee one's give glory to God like your daughter did...

Greg C said...

In all things, praise Him. Great post. I decided to participate this week since I love reading Kelly's post every week.

Mary Moss said...

Sonya, I am ever thankful for this meme. I start compiling my list on Wednesday so I can have it ready!

It's a wonderful way to stay focused on our blessings and especially on our God.

Sue J. said...

I believe that is a red-breasted grosbeak, and you have a wonderful photo! An indigo bunting?!? Ah, the joys of the quiet peaceful "western" frontier....just down the highway from me.....

Sounds like you are well and enjoying this beautiful season!

Teresa Lee Rainey . . . said...

Ah, so many things to be thankful for. Thank you for this meme.

Your #4 is precious.

Leaon Mary said...

GOD BLESS YOU MISS SONYA for this weekly blessed meme!
I loved reading your thankful heart. The bird you showed is gorgeous! I've never seen one before! How sweet that your little one thanked God for finding the watch. THAT MAKES MY HEART DO FLIPFLOPS AND GET ALL MUSHY INSIDE!
Holykisses my friend,
Lea

Skoots1moM said...

mine's up
thanks for hosting!

Brook said...

Your comment about your daughter made my heart smile. :)

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Sonya,

Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

Spring M Fricks said...

I didn't know you joined the praise band. That is so awesome. We need to catch up!

Heart2Heart said...

I love all your weekly blessings this week that you have shared with all of us.

I love the comment about the birds because sometimes we recognize all the big ones, but it's the littlest surprises that I love as well.

I have a mockingbird that comes each morning into our backyard while I am having coffee just to visit with me and share his song!

I am thankful I have eyes to see, ears to hear, a voice to praise, a heart to love, and faith to last an eternity!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Alleluiabelle said...

Hi Sonya,

I loved your thankful list this week. I have a birdfeeder just outside our living room window. We, too, get a red-breasted grosbeak, cardinals, bluejays, morning doves and so many more beautiful birds at our feeder. They are absolutely beautiful to watch and listen to. Another of God's beautiful creations.

I'm glad I stopped in to visit you.

Blessings,
Alleluiabelle