Thursday, November 20, 2008
I am so excited to announce that today is the first Thankful Thursday! I've been working through some stress in my own life and the Lord has led me to being thankful, or grateful for the little things. Yes we are all thankful for the big things. But I need to remember to be grateful for even the smallest of things.
Each Thursday, I am going to list 5 things that I am thankful for. I hope that you will decide to join me (just copy the html under my button on the side bar) and list what five things you are thankful for each Thursday.
Here we go, this week I am thankful for:
1) My mother. She has been such an amazing mentor to me over the years. And specifically, this week, she has helped me to be happy in my own skin. I love you Mom!
2) Snow! We love snow, but living in Virginia, we don't see much of it. This week it snowed, just a bit, and it brought back laughter and excitement into our day.
3) My house. I love being in my home. It is modest, yet it meets all of our needs! It is warm and cozy in the winter, and I even have a lovely fire place that we all enjoy.
4) My poodles. I have 2 toy poodles and they are just pleasant dogs. Rex, my white poodle (the other one is black) knows when I'm upset and he'll just stare at me until I pet him and tell him I'm ok. I'm telling you, it's the little things that count!
5) Fall. I just love the change of seasons, autumn being my favorite. I enjoy watching the leaves turning into an array of warm colors. I love watching them fall from the trees, and I really think it's fun to listen to the crunch as I walk through them.
Well, there's my list of things that I am grateful to you for, God! Thank you for all of the pleasures in my life. You've spared no detail in making my life a wonderful life.
If you are thankful today, I encourage you to copy my button (in my sidebar) and tell everyone the five things you are thankful for this week. Then come back here and leave me a comment so I can come and share in your gratefulness. :)