I was visiting my friend's blog this morning over at Streams of Living Water and I just loved her post. She listed five things that she is grateful for today.
I'm trying to make sure that my daily outlook on life is a positive one and a grateful one. If I keep up with thoughts of thankfulness than there isn't any room for negative thoughts, right? At least that's the theory behind it.
Anyhow, God loves a grateful heart, so here's a list of the five things that I am thankful for TODAY:
1) I'm grateful that today I am sitting in a beach house overlooking the ocean. No distractions, just a refreshing time for me and my God. I've so enjoyed His presence this week! (I'm here with my hubby and the kids are with relatives.)
2) I'm grateful that we can learn so much from God's creation. (See yesterday's post on Turtle Tuesdays.)
3) I'm thankful for my loving husband. He accepts me as I am, flaws and all, and just loves me with a Godlike love. I'm thankful that he always supports me and encourages me.
4) I'm thankful for my relatives who stepped in when I was feeling stressed out and they just dropped everything to join forces to watch the kids and many animals in order for my hubby and I to get away and find inner peace again.
5) I'm thankful for my children who are sacrificing having their mom and dad there for a few days because they love us enough to know we need this time away in order to be better parents.
We're at #5 already! I have so much more to list, I was just getting started. Ok, maybe I'll have to make this a routine post. Thankful Thursdays..... I like the sound of it. Hey Edie, could you make me a button for that?
I hope you all are thankful for the many good things around you today! I love you all, my readers and encourager's. My life is so much more rich and full of grace because of each of you.
Psalm 67:5 Let the peoples give thanks to You, O God; let all the peoples praise You.
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness nor shadow of turning.