Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday #60

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

I am sorry but something is not working with Mr. Linky today!  Please leave a comment to link up until the issue is resolved.

Welcome to Thankful Thursday! If you'd like to participate, just copy the T.T. button on my sidebar and paste it into your post. Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, come back here and link up with Mr. Linky. It's that easy!

Here's my list for this week:

1) I am thankful that my Sunday (Sabbath) was peaceful and relaxing. For the first time, in a long while, my whole family played games, threw the football, and just had a wonderful day. Now this is a goal I will have for future Sundays.

2) I am thankful for the opportunities we have because we live in America. Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom to become who we want to become. The sky is truly the limit in this country. Thank God for America!

3) I am thankful that most of the snow has melted (Don't mention this one to my kdis!). It was fun, but I'm so over it!

4) I am thankful that I've lost 3 pounds my first week of doing Weight Watchers! It is such a great program!

5) I am thankful that I am doing a Beth Moore Bible study on Daniel. I'm already learning so much, and we've only done two weeks! This stuff is so rich and filling!

15 comments:

SusanD said...

Y-A-Y! You're here.....but what happened to Mr. Linky? Thanks for hosting this every week. Three pounds??!! That's awesome.Blessings, SusanD

Lori said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. I so need to lose about 40 pounds but just cannot get encouraged to do so. Glad you are enjoying your Bible study.

I have posted my TT.

Danae Hudson said...

Congrats on losing weight! I loved Weight Watchers when I did it.

Here's a link to my TT:
http://divinemrsd.blogspot.com/2010/01/cupcakes-cupcakes-cupcakes-and-im.html

From the Heart said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. Seems a lot of people are doing the same. I haven't said anything to anyone but over the past 1 1/2 I have lost 2 sizes in clothes. Mainly I have stopped eating a lot of fat and sweets and smaller portions.

I have posted my TT's. I'm at http//fromtheheartae.blospot.com.
Alice E.

GranthamLynn said...

Guess Linky is working now. Yea. I loved your post. BTW I stole one of yours LOL. Come by and visit. Thanks for hosting this. I really enjoy it.
Have a Blessed Day.
Sherry

Cheryl Barker said...

Congrats on your weight loss, Sonya! And I'm glad our snow is finally melting, too. It's been on the ground for 3 weeks now, and that's quite enough for me! :)

storyteller said...

Lovely gratitude list. Acknowledging blessings has become a regular thing for me. Methinks this may be the first time I've linked up here so I'm looking forward to meeting new folks this week. Kudos on getting rid of weight ... I've always had good success with Weight Watchers over the years.
Hugs and blessings,
Sacred Ruminations

achildoftheking said...

Great list Sonya. My desktop Internet is down. At the moment I'm on my phone to post a msg. I will do my list later. Happy Thursday everyone

Heart2Heart said...

Sonya,

What a great list! I too, am even more thankful of spending quality time with family on Sundays following church. It definitely has changed that day for all of us.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Hi there! sorry I haven't participated in ages but I am doing my post after this comment! Yay for you doing weight watchers I really need to do the same! We have had terrible snow here too and unusually lengthy but thankfully the thaw is on.
Collette xxx

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this is a great list. When I got to the last one...the song kept going in my head...'dare to be a Daniel...' have a great week. Sarah

Nana Jul said...

Beth Moore Bible studies are incredible! May God pour out and fill you to the full!
I am sooooooo glad the snow is melting too!! Praise God!!
Hope your day was beautiful!
Julie

Greg C said...

I knew something must have been up. I am late in signing up but I did my TT post early yesterday as always. :)

Warren Baldwin said...

Great list, Sonya.

Leaon Mary said...

Hey girl,
CONGRATULATIONS on your 3 #!!!
whoOohOoO!
Had to laugh at being "so over" the snow. I bet! Bet your thinkin SPRING!
The Daniel study sounds awesome and I hope you soak in everything God has for you through it.
And like you, I'm trying to regroup our Sabbaths. No work, means no work! --how had I been missin that for so long? egads
YOU BLESS ME!
I'll be thinking of you during your sabbatical.
smoochy holykisses
Lea