Monday, January 11, 2010

Limits - Good or Bad?

The first day back to school, after the long Christmas break, went well. I had gotten up on time and everyone seemed motivated to stay on task. I was armed with my new schedule and the drive to stay focused.

The day flowed without any interruptions - until the kids came home from school. Filled with information about their first day back, they all began talking to me in unison. It was as if they hadn't spoken for hours and then someone uncapped them, all at once! Chaos suddenly surrounded me!

To read the rest of this post, follow me over to Titus 2 In Action.

Titus 2 in Action

4 comments:

Warren Baldwin said...

Linked and read. Good post.

Heckety said...

Followed the link to read...

That's all so true, and its hard to put boundaries in casual situations sometimes, no, often.

A wise friend once said that theoretically, we live on a football field. Outside the field is outside God's limits, probably safe enough but different rules apply. On the field, even though we are withing God's plan and purpose, there are still rules and expectations so that people don't get hurt etc. I often think of that analogy and it has helped.

Greg C said...

I am here are you? :) I need my Thankful Thursday.

SusanD said...

Me too! Are you ok? Blessings, SusanD