Thursday, November 19, 2009
Thankful Thursday #53
Welcome to Thankful Thursday! If you'd like to participate, just copy the T.T. button on my sidebar and paste it into your post. Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, come back here and link up with Mr. Linky. It's that easy!
Here's my list for this week:
1) I am thankful that God is the great "I AM." No matter what I need, I can turn to Him and He will be there for me. He will never leave me or forsake me.
Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
2) I am thankful for Kelly. She and I have been friends for many years and no matter where life takes us, we walk through it together.
Proverbs 17:17a "A friend loves at all times."
3) I am thankful that for a season we were able to be a part of a great country, community, loving church. The youth group was especially precious, as was the youth pastor. I am grieved that the church has divided, but thankful for the opportunity to see where it leads us. God is in control and He will make sure this works out for His glory.
Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
4) I am thankful for a beautiful home, a van large enough to fit my family plus a few friends, food to eat, clothing to wear, just to name a few!
Philippians 4:19 "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
5) I am thankful that I had the opportunity to host a Pampered Chef party on Tuesday. I had a great turnout and really enjoyed each lady who came. God has surrounded me with the most amazing people. It is a privilege to be a part of the body of Christ.
1Corinthians 12:12 "The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ."