Monday, November 16, 2009

Feeding their Consciences

When my children were young I remember how simple it was to discipline them.  For example, if they were to take a piece of candy out of the candy dish even though I had told them not to, I would simply discipline them and tell them, "I told you no," as my explanation.

Now my children are older and this tactic no longer suffices.  You see, as they mature, they move from just being action controlled to needing their own moral reason why.  But I am a busy mom and taking the time to give that moral reason why can be challenging. 

To read the rest of the story click HERE.

2 comments:

Greg C said...

I am looking for anything to help with my youngest son. He is a handful for sure. This was some great advice.

Heart2Heart said...

I think as kids grow older explainations need to be offered so that they are learning from us instead of simply being told because I said so.

That doesn't always work as most of us parents already know.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat