Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday #26

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Welcome to Thankful Thursday! If you'd like to participate, just copy the T.T. button on my sidebar and paste it into your post. Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, come back here and link up with Mr. Linky. It's that easy!

Here's my list for this week

1) I am thankful that my husband and I have turned off the television. Back in January, the time of New Years resolutions, we decided spending time together was far more important than watching T.V. and we ended our years of sitting in front of the T.V. instead of communicating with one another. Of course, we all know that this was a much bigger sacrifice for my husband than for me. Love you, Tim!

2) I am thankful that my kids are finally learning how to study. Two of my precious children, upon starting part time at a Christian School, found that they didn't really know how to study for spelling tests. The first few were brought home with less than satisfactory grades, not any more! Now they both bring home A's and B's on their spelling tests! What an exciting breakthrough.

3) I am thankful for my friends. I recently got to go and have a play date with Chatty Kelly and we laughed and just encouraged one another. Friends are so important in our lives.

4) I am thankful for the Love Language book I spoke of in the previous post. Knowing what love languages my children are dominant in has been instrumental in my life. I now know what to focus on for each of them if I'm short on time that day. (Today is the last day to link up for the giveaway.)

5) I am thankful for each person who takes the time to read my posts. You are all an inspiration and a blessing to me. You are the ones who keep this blog alive and thriving!

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, I'm jealous! My VA bloggy friends are able to get together in person! I seriously need to move back down there!

Good for you for turning off the TV. I think I'd have as much trouble as my hubby would have doing this!

Blessings to you!

Laurie said...

I am thankful for you and your blog! I will get to your article today or tomorrow. Sorry, we just came back from being out of town.

Yolanda said...

I'm thinking the tv is a great idea. We just retired two weeks ago and with summer coming on...I'm hoping for less and less of the tv.

I'm one for a good movie to view on the weekend but would rather play a game/cards or have our nose in a good book during the week nights.

Kelly said...

Had so much laughing with you on Tuesday! So thankful for YOU my friend that God has renewed our friendship. Love you!

Skoots1moM said...

awesome praises...
very good priorities
thanks for hosting!!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

we need to start shutting of the tv as well. Glad to hear your kids are doing better on their spelling tests. Great list. I think I may need to get my hands on that Love Language book it sounds great.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that you began this meme. Gratitude changes one's perspective. God bless!

Leaon Mary said...

I'm with Heather... thanking God for you!

Carmen said...

Thanks for providing an opportunity to share our thankfulness with others. I think an attitude of gratitude is such a blessing!

Lisa said...

Thank You for hosting each week! I look forward to TT and the opportunity to just brag on God! He is so good to us!
Blessings - Lisa