Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday #18

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey


Welcome to Thankful Thursday! If you'd like to participate, just copy the T.T. button on my sidebar and paste it into your post. Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, come back here and link up with Mr. Linky. It's that easy!

Now onto my list:

1) I am thankful that my husband is so thoughtful. Saturday was extremely hectic and emotionally draining for me. Seeing that I was spent he took the kids to run some errands and told me to just have some quiet time before the Lord. It was quite refreshing.

2) I am thankful for the new Christian school we are sending our kids to. They have bent over backwards to accommodate us and make us feel loved. We've had several Mom's just give us bags filled with uniforms of all sizes! That's God's love shinning through His people!

3) I am thankful that God loves my children. As my oldest daughter started school in the midst of a school year, she had some legitimate fears. But God came alongside her and dispelled every one! His love is so AMAZING!

4) I am thankful for the opportunity to purchase a new home. We've lived in our current home since we built it 10 years ago. At the time we only had 2 children - now we have 6 and are busting at the seams! What a great country we live in.

5) I am thankful that when I ran my friends van out of gas (her gas gauge is apparently broken!) I was in the turning lane of the gas station! LOL! I am also grateful for the 4 men who came out and pushed me to the pump!! (One happened to be my adult nephew, Brooks - Thanks!)

This week I am particularly thankful for the love that God's people have poured out into my life and my family's lives. Thank you Father for showing your love through the body.

12 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful thankful post...

Diane ~ said...

I love the way our God is in every facet of our lives...even when running out of gas!! :)

B His Girl said...

God is always there to help us fuel up and refresh ourselves. Yes, we have lots of things to be thankful for. B

Unknown said...

I am grateful for you and the hosting of Thankful Thursday! Blessings to you as you settle into a new home. May God's peace and joy fill every nook and cranny. May God be glorified through every ministry that will take place within its walls.

In Christ,
Denise

Laurie said...

Hey sister!
Yes, we live in a great country indeed! I am excited about all of the wonderful changes in your life!

Yolanda said...

So sweet that your Man recognized that you and Jesus needed a little alone time and how he found a way for that to happen. Our men are such a blessing!

Marcie @ Grace Required Here said...

Sonya, Thank you for hosting Thankful Thursday! You bless me. Great to hear that your children are doing well in their new school. Praying that God finds you the perfect new home for your family.

Mary Moss said...

So glad things are moving ahead in such positive ways for you and your family:-)

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Well, I'm late in the day but better late than never. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to publicly share our gratitude.

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Sonya....blessed sunday.I think i did not congratulate you with your new home.
Pass at me blog,there waits a surprise for you...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sonya! I have a surprise waiting for you so stop by my blog! Love, Heather

kelli said...

I know that you have already received some surprises but I have been blessed by you thankful Thursdays so I wanted to let you know!!