Thursday, December 10, 2009
Thankful Thursday #56
Welcome to Thankful Thursday! If you'd like to participate, just copy the T.T. button on my sidebar and paste it into your post. Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, come back here and link up with Mr. Linky. It's that easy!
Here's my list for this week:
1) I am thankful that my husband has warm arms to hold me with. Sometimes I just need to be in his arms, and he is always available for me. I'm glad that God made Tim my covering. He is a generous God.
2) I am thankful that my family was able to participate in the Bethlehem Walk over the weekend. It's a reenactment of the town of Bethlehem at the time of Christ. You actually walk through and it takes about 45 minutes while a guide tells you the story of Christ's birth and then of his death and resurrection. It was so much fun! My husband and son worked in the blacksmith shop; while I worked with my girls in the stable with the animals. It truly represents the meaning of Christmas like nothing else I've ever experienced.
3) I am thankful that my kids are motivated at school. After their first report cards, they were all motivated to bring up this grade or that because they all want to be on the A/B or A honor roll next time. How exciting is that to a Mamma's ears!
4) I am thankful that it is almost time for Christmas break. I have missed my children this year - being their first year in school. I am looking forward to spending two weeks doing fun stuff with them.
5) I am thankful for God's word. It truly is living and I love devouring it. Each time I open up my Bible I'm moved and I am closer to God than before. It's so exciting to learn about the one I love the most, my God!