Thursday, October 1, 2009
Thankful Thursday #46
Welcome to Thankful Thursday! If you'd like to participate, just copy the T.T. button on my sidebar and paste it into your post. Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, come back here and link up with Mr. Linky. It's that easy!
Here's my list for this week:
1) I am thankful that my husband stood beside me on Sunday as we watched four of our children being baptized. It was a proud moment and I was grateful that we had weathered the test of time and how proud I was to call him my husband and the father of my children.
2) I am thankful that four of my children were baptized on Sunday! It was such a proud moment for this Mom to realize that her babies are growing up and learning to love God in their own hearts. I look forward to the future knowing that they are committed to serving God with their lives.
3) I am thankful for the cooler weather. I am fair skinned so playing in the sun on a hot day is usually met with sunburn and regret! But playing outside in the fall - now that is my favorite thing to do, and my favorite season! I look forward to the changing of the season's with the colorful fall foliage.
4) I am thankful that my article titled, "From Rejection to Acceptance" will be published in the next issue of The Voice of Grace and Truth. This is a bi-monthly 20 page Christian newspaper. Since the trauma in my family life (my dad's stepping into heaven) I haven't been able to get back into writing. As a matter of fact, I had completely forgotten about submitting this article to them last year! God is so special to nudge me with this publication.
5) I am thankful for my church family. I have searched for a very long time to find the place that God wanted me to call "family" and I believe I've found it. This church is also our children's school and wow, they are precious to us. We do believe that they truly love us and are concerned about our well-being. There's no place like home. *smile*