Thursday, June 25, 2009
Thankful Thursday #32
Welcome to Thankful Thursday! If you'd like to participate, just copy the T.T. button on my sidebar and paste it into your post. Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, come back here and link up with Mr. Linky. It's that easy!
Here's my list for this week:
1) I am thankful that my husband is an optimist. Whenever I start to get a little down about something, he's always there to help my focus turn to God and heaven and it always improves. The best part is that I often have the chance to pass it along to my kids later on.
2) I am thankful that God's grace is upon us. We just found out that one of the AC units at our new house is not working because someone had cut the outside line and it ran without coolant in it. Fearing the worst (having to buy a new AC unit) we called in an HVAC guy. Much to our surprise, he told us later that the company (Lenox) was going to GIVE us the replacement parts to fix the unit. What? Did he say, "For free!" Now that's God's undeserved favor!
3) I am thankful that we are going to receive a $700 discount for installing a new tankless hot water heater at our new home! The gas company is promoting them and offering the discount! There's that favor again.
4) I am thankful that I can take the time to encourage my children when they are feeling discouraged about something. Because God cared enough about me to sow seeds into my life, I have the fruit there to pass on to my children. God is good.
5) I am thankful that we were able to hire movers. We are planning to move in July and using movers makes the move go so much more smoothly! We just need to pack everything up! Not a small task, but one that God will give us the strength to finish.