Thursday, June 11, 2009
Thankful Thursday #30
Welcome to Thankful Thursday! If you'd like to participate, just copy the T.T. button on my sidebar and paste it into your post. Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, come back here and link up with Mr. Linky. It's that easy!
Here's my list for this week:
1) I am thankful that I have a husband to walk through the different stages of parenting with.
2) I am thankful that my church just began offering a Growing Kids God's Way class for the teen years. We went to the first class on Tuesday night and it was really good stuff! My favorite phrase was, "Young children rebel against authority, but teens rebel against relationship." That is profound!
3) I am thankful that I have a pretty good relationship with my oldest daughter. She has also been making good decisions lately which has made her Dad and I proud of her.
4) I am thankful that as my oldest daughter begins to face new and uncharted territory, she feels comfortable coming to talk to me about them! What a precious thing for me to be able to share with her in these new experiences of life.
5) I am thankful that the house we've made an offer on (back in April) seems to be winding down to a final decision. We've actually had correspondence from the bank who owns this house and believe that it is a sign that the end is near.
My advice to you if you ever decide to place an offer on a house in a short sale: 1) Run away, run away fast! 2) Make the offer and then don't expect any results for at least three months - however, they will seem like the longest three months of your life!