Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday #11

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey


Welcome to Thankful Thursday! If you'd like to participate, just copy the T.T. button on my sidebar and paste it into your post. Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, come back here and link up with Mr. Linky. It's that easy!

Here's my list of things I'm thankful for this week:

1) That my husband loves me. I mean really loves me with a very deep and compassionate love. He loves me with a God-like love, it's amazing!

2) For the opportunity to have close friends. We can share with one another and encourage each other through prayers, scriptures and just the right words. I have been a guarded person for so much of my life, I'm glad God has set me free to have these close friendships now!

3) For Godly counsel. The Bible says that if you consult with a multitude of counselors you'll be successful. It's true! We were never meant to run this race alone.

4) For the faith of a child. A few nights ago my youngest daughter, Tiffany, wanted to pray and she said, "Dear God, please bless everyone and I'm afraid of the dark so please help me, Amen." Knowing that she is turning her cares over to God at age 3 is amazing to me! Glory to God!

5) I am so thankful for grace. In Lamentations it says that God's grace is new every morning and I need that fresh grace daily. We can only give from what we have, and since we have new grace daily we can certainly give that grace to those in our lives, too!

May you realize today that God loves you and His grace is sufficient for every circumstance and need you may have.

12 comments:

sailorcross said...

This is a wonderful thankful list!! I'm especially thankful also for your #5, God's grace--sufficient, starting each day afresh in Him!!

Have a blessed Thankful Thursday, Sonya!!

Beth

Kelly said...

I'll link up later today, once Mr Linky is up and running!

Lots to be thankful for this week! Loved your list.

Beth Herring said...

I love your list! Aren't kids just amazing. Oh, to have the faith of little ones.

Thanks Sonya for this wonderful ministry of thankfulness.

Beth

Yolanda said...

Sonya,

Along the thoughts of Lamentations, this week I've come to realize that means He knew we would never ever be perfect, and that gives me much HOPE. His mercies are new every morning...oh Praise The Lord, Girlfriend, Praise the Lord!

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Spring M Fricks said...

Blessings to you Sonya and for your thankfulness

Andrea said...

Thank YOU for reminding me to "speak out" my thankfulness. GOD bless you on your journey, andrea
http://andrealuvsallgodscreatures.blogspot.com
http://arise2write.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is a sweet list... love the idea of Thankful Thursdays!!!

B His Girl said...

You always stir our hearts to be thankful in ways we might have missed. Love your little girl's prayer and the Lamentations...His mercy is new every morning. Great is His faithfulness! b.

Leaon Mary said...

Hey Sonya,
Love your Godlove with your Hubby.
AINT love grand??????????
That your little three year old, turned her heart/cares to the Lord is AWESOME..... THAT Gives me such a thrill..... she's my lil baby sissychicklet in Christ.... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Smoochy holykisses,
L

Sue J. said...

We can only give from what we have....that is so true. We definitely can't manufacture grace!

Thankfully, His grace is not only sufficient, but it IS resupplied daily. He knows what we need, and He knows how we can love one another.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Hey, it looks like this Tiffany relates to yours. I too have struggled with fear of the dark. May God bring His light to comfort her and may she see He is right there.

Julie Gillies said...

You always have the best Thankful list!

I love how your sweet daughter prays - precious!

Wishing you a wonderful week.