Thursday, January 15, 2009
Thankful Thursday #8
Good morning to my bloggie friends and family! It is time for Thankful Thursday. If you would like to participate, just copy the picture in my sidebar to your post where you will list 5 things that you want to thank God for today. Then come back and link up with Mr. Linky below so we can all be blessed and glorify God together.
Here is my list of things I'm thankful for this week.
1) I am thankful for laughter. We had a family gathering recently and we sat around talking about our most embarrassing moments! We laughed so hard some of us even cried! It is certainly medicine to the soul.
2) I am thankful for Galatians 6. It talks about bearing one another burdens and not growing weary in doing good. God knew we needed each other. He made us relational beings and I am so glad for my "people".
3) I am thankful for my daughter, Valerie. She is adopted from Russia and she noticed that I was having a difficult day so she made me a 2 page card. On the first page she said how thankful she was that I had adopted her, on the 2nd page she copied a beautiful scripture to life my spirits. God is good! I love you Val, and I thank God that I adopted you, too!!!
4) I am thankful for creation. I was awakened just 2 mornings ago to an extremely happy bird outside my window! I thought, "what is going on, birds don't usually sing like that in the winter time?" I believe God knew I just needed to feel the joy that the little bird had in its heart.
5) I am thankful for these Thankful Thursday posts. They help me to keep my life in perspective. They make sure that I am not focusing on all of the negative things around me. It's like stopping to smell the roses. I also enjoy visiting all of your TT posts, it always encourages me.
God bless each one of you!