Thursday, December 18, 2008
Thankful Thursday #5
Blessings to all of you, my friends and family! It's hard to believe but it's time for another Thankful Thursday post.
If you would like to join us this week, here are the rules of the meme: First, copy the Thankful Thursday button onto your post, then list 5 things that you are thankful for today. Finally, come back here and link up below so that others can come and rejoice with you!
Here are the five things that I am thankful for this week.
1) I am thankful for my Mother. She celebrated her birthday over the weekend. She is in very good health and I am so grateful for her amazing spiritual example over the years. She has been my support system, and my biggest cheerleader! She has a servants heart and a passion for health and God that's contagious! I love you Mom! Happy Birthday.
2) I had an opportunity to go to a local coffee shop with my Mom and Sister one morning. We laughed until we cried and we lifted one another up in the Lord! I am so grateful for my family, and that they are believers in Christ.
3) As a follow-up to one of my items from last Thursday, I am again thankful for God's perfect timing. Last week He orchestrated many things in order to send me a special note of encouragement on Monday morning because He knew I was going to be getting a rejection letter (rejecting 2 articles!). The way the encouragement was worded really gave me a peace about my writing. On Friday of last week, the same editor accepted a 3rd article that I had sent them! God knew what was in the works and He cared enough to send me peace through a love letter. He loves you that much, too!
4) I am thankful for my church. After participating in the Bethlehem walk, we were given the chance to follow up with people who filled out a card saying that they accepted Christ into their heart. What a great thing! New Christians need to be encouraged.
5) I am thankful for all of the supportive people that God has surrounded me with. Both in person and in cyber space! You have all been so great and loving and supportive. It has made a huge impact on my life. Thank you!
Father, today I give you the praise and glory for all of these blessings that you have given me. You are the one who gives us every good and perfect gift, and I acknowledge that today! I love you God! Your daughter...