Thursday, December 4, 2008
Thankful Thursday #3
It's time for Thankful Thursday again! I really am enjoying taking the time to really think about the little things that I'm thankful for each week.
If you're new to Thankful Thursdays, just list five things that you are thankful for each Thursday. In a world that has become so negative, it feels great to give thanks to God.
So, here are my five things for this week!
1) I was able to see a bluebird up close with my 6 year old daughter. The sun was just gleaming off of his radiantly blue coloring. What a treat as we just marveled together over the beauty of God's creation. I'm so grateful for that moment.
2) I'm thankful to have the word of God. Whenever I'm feeling scared, or confused, or sad, I know I can open up my Bible and find God speaking to me through his love letters.
3) I'm thankful for my health. I heard about a woman that was very sick this week, she has an extremely rare disease that may take her life. Oh, how I am thankful for my health - and I pray God will heal this woman of her illness.
4) I'm thankful for the love of my children. They constantly shower me with love notes and gifts and hugs and kisses. I treasure them all.
5) I'm thankful for my van. It was in the shop for 2 days this week! With six kids we are home bound when the big van is broken down. I am so grateful to have it back and to be able to drive around wherever and whenever we need to.
Well, that's my list of things that I am so grateful for.
Dear Lord, I lift up these words of praise and thanksgiving to you. I know that every good and perfect gift comes from you, thank you!
If you would like to join us, feel free to paste the Thankful Thursday button onto your post and then give God the glory!