Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Heather over at Things Above has tagged me! This is a Christmas tag and I thought it would be fun to play along.
1) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? BOTH!
2) Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped of course, but Santa doesn't come to my house! (Bah Humbug!)
3) Colored lights or white? BOTH! We have a traditional tree upstairs with white lights and the fun kids tree with colored lights is downstairs. The best of both worlds.
4) Do you hang mistletoe? No, don't you think we have enough children! LOL!
5) When do you get out your decorations? Usually the first weekend in December.
6) Favorite holiday dish, excluding dessert? Turkey
7) Favorite holiday memory as a child? My parents would wait until after I went to bed on Christmas eve to decorate the tree so I would wake up each Christmas day and it was so beautiful! I was always star struck as I came out to behold the lights and beauty of it all. It was dreamy.
8) When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember believing in Santa - probably why we don't do Santa with our kids.
9) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes/no. Not one of our own, but we go to my parents house and exchange gifts there.
10) How do you decorate your trees? The formal tree has balls and ice sickles on it with white lights. The kids tree has colored lights and lots of homemade ornaments!
11) Snow, love it or hate it? LOVE IT!! I dream of a white Christmas.
12) Can you ice skate? Yep, love it!
13) Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes, it was a barbie head that I could put make up on and change her hair style and color. Now, as an adult, my favorite gift was my blue Yukon Excel that my hubby bought and parked out front with a huge red bow! What a gift!
14) What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? To make sure my kids know that this is Christ's birth.
15) Favorite Holiday dessert? Pumpkin Pie with lots of whipped cream! Yummy!
16) Favorite Christmas tradition? I love them all
17) What tops your tree? An angel
18) What's better giving or receiving? Receiving! LOL! just kidding, I love giving.
19) Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night (I even have the opportunity to sing this at church! God is good)
20) Candy Canes, yummy or yucky? If they're chocolate mint, yummy.
21) What do you want for Christmas? A small digital camera for blogging great pics!
22) Do you attend an annual Christmas Party? No, but we have a new years eve party!
23) Do you dress up for Christmas eve? Nope, just put on my PJ's and get everything ready with my hubby.
24) Do you own a Santa Hat? Yes! Several, the kids love them.
25) Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Hubby and kids. Christmas eve is spent with my family and the Saturday after is spent with his family. Lots of love here!
Now I'm supposed to tag 5 other people. I don't like to put that kind of pressure on others so if you're looking for something fun to post about and you're here reading this then, you're tagged! Just let me know if you post your list.