Thursday, August 27, 2009
Thankful Thursday #41
Welcome to Thankful Thursday! If you'd like to participate, just copy the T.T. button on my sidebar and paste it into your post. Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, come back here and link up with Mr. Linky. It's that easy!
Here's my list for this week:
This week I want to remember 5 things about my Dad that I am thankful for.
1) I am thankful that God gave me my Daddy, Bob Neulen. He was my best friend. I could always go to him with any problem or question and he was there to help me work through it with practical advice and encouragement.
2) I am thankful that my Dad was full of joy. The first word that comes to my mind when I talk about my Dad is joy. He loved life and was always flashing his great smile and giving you his contagious laugh. He loved to tell jokes or see something happening around him that was funny. He was lighthearted and jubilant.
3) I am thankful that my Dad was generous. If you ever needed anything my Dad would graciously offer it to you. I remember once while I was away at college, I called home to ask for money because I had generously bought pizza for everyone on my dorm floor. He then coined the term, C.O.D. which meant that if I had a need I always would, Call On Dad! It just stuck and became a joke between us.
4) I am thankful for my Dad's loving arms. He was a big man, at 6' tall and there has never been a place where I felt safer growing up than in his loving arms. Thank you Dad for giving me hugs every time I saw you. What a privilege.
5) I am thankful that my Dad valued family. We lived next door to my parents for 10 years and he would drop in all of the time to just get his hugs in. During my homeschooling years, he would also come over to help out with any math questions they had. He was always willing to spend time with us and often went on vacations with my family. I will miss those vacations. I will miss my Daddy. But I am rejoicing that one day I will be in his arms again - when I see him in heaven! I am counting the days.
Yesterday we celebrated my Dad's life and legacy here on earth. It was beautiful and I am blessed to be his daughter. My time with him was far better than I could have ever asked for. Now if I can just continue the legacy of showing God's love and joy to others. God's grace is sufficient for me!