Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday #37

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey


Welcome to Thankful Thursday! If you'd like to participate, just copy the T.T. button on my sidebar and paste it into your post. Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, come back here and link up with Mr. Linky. It's that easy!

Here's my list for this week:

1) I am thankful that my husband and I are teaching Vacation Bible School at our church this week. We are teaching the 5th and 6th graders. It has changed my life because I've watched them open their hearts to the Lord as the week has progressed!

2) I am thankful that we invited three neighborhood kids to join us at VBS this week. Watching them have fun and learn about the Lord is priceless.

3) I am thankful that a precious boy named Andrew in our 5th and 6th grade class gave his life to Christ this week! What a sweet blessing. To God be the glory.

4) I am thankful for air conditioning! It has been extremely HHHOOOTTT in Virginia lately and I am grateful for the moments inside of the air conditioning.

5) I am thankful for the opportunity to write. It is an amazing outlet - whether I'm just journaling for personal benefit, or writing an article to submit for publication, writing is therapeutic!

13 comments:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

No 3 is just amazing! What an awesome God!
Love Collette xxx

Mary Moss said...

I love your list! VBS is one of the "favorite weeks" at our church every year! Last year I was one of the storytellers who portrayed biblical characters. That was a wonderful way to bring the Bible alive for the children (and their teachers!)

I've also been extremely grateful for air conditioning lately.

Praise God for blessings large and small:-)

Jane In The Jungle said...

I am new to your blog and Thankful Thursday.
IA frined and I have co-directed VBS for 3 yrs straight, one of my favorite summer activities!!

Beth Herring said...

Thank you Sonya for your thankful heart!

Leslie said...

I hope to get to meet you next week in Philly! Kelly told me y'all are riding together!

Greg C said...

That is an amazing list. The most amazing part is we had the same #5's. That's pretty cool.

Yolanda said...

Sonya, thank you so much!

Debbie said...

Sonya... Thank you for hosting Thankful Thursday. It is a reminder to me to always be thankful!! I have read many blogs who participate in this meme and yours as well; but, this is the first time I have participated. Thanks again...

Heart2Heart said...

Sonya,

I too am so thankful for our opportunity to have our youngest participate early this summer in VBS. It is life changing for them and I am so glad you not only participated, and invited new kids to attend but got the opportunity to witness salvation as well.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Miss Janet said...

Thank you for your Thankful Thursdays!

Janet
www.homeward4.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

What a joyful list, praise God !!

Brook said...

Amen for VBS, a/c and writing, especially on a computer and a blog. :)

Cheryl Barker said...

Sounds like you've had an amazing VBS. Have enjoyed hearing about it hear and on Facebook.