If you are a part of this blogger world eventually you are bound to get tagged.
Yesterday, Amy Jo over at Living a Blessed Life tagged me. Amy Jo is a precious sister in the Lord. I met her at the She Speaks conference in June and we are in an on-line writers critique group together. Since then I've enjoyed reading and sending long e-mails, just getting to know each other. She has a sweet heart and loves God with all of her being. We are connected through the wonderful journey of adoption. The Internet is so amazing, God is able to connect people from all over the world!
O.K. Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you (see above)
2) Post the rules on your blog (this is what you are now reading)
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them (This is only a game)
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up (Thanks Amy Jo)
Six Random things about me......
1) I never got into reading books until this year. Now I can't seem to get enough reading in. I'm reading 3 books, and multiple magazines all at the same time (sort of). I feel like I've deprived myself for so long that I must make up the time.
2) My favorite animal is the bird. Any and all birds, I love them all! I'm an avid bird watcher and I own 3 parakeets and 19 chickens. For some reason I can just sit outside and watch my chickens for long periods of time, it seems to be a soothing thing for me.
3) My husband is my closest friend. I long to tell him everything that's going on in my life. Just hearing his voice seems to give me strength and make me feel secure. I love just being in the same room with him. He really does complete me.
4) I am truly blessed to have six children. I love spending time with each one of them. I enjoy studying their differences and encouraging them in the Lord. I home school them and while it is difficult, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
5) I long to become a published writer. It is the thing God has called me to do this year! I am finding out that writing takes a great deal of work and commitment. Because God has called me to do this, I will persevere and move forward in His strength.
6) If I don't have my quiet time with God first thing in the morning (before my sweet kids wake up) I won't get to it. Life gets busy very quickly at my house! If I don't have any quiet time with God, I just feel frazzled the rest of the day. For some reason when God is my first priority, He seems to stay on my mind all day long. (You should try it sometime!)
Here are the six people I am tagging (Really ladies, this is just for fun and optional!):
1) Anjanette at Anj's devotionals. She is a passionate woman of God. We are in the on-line writers critique group and I've enjoyed reading her insightful posts. So deep for such a young lady.
2) Linda over at 2nd cup of coffee. Linda's blog is where I go when I want to laugh! I mean laugh out loud and spit your coffee across the room! If you haven't been there, go check it out. (If you spit your coffee on your computer, don't say I didn't warn you!)
3) My ADHD Me. This is my friend, Chatty Kelly's sister. I am so glad she has started blogging. I always smile when I go to read her posts. They are real life laced with humor. Laughter is medicine to the soul! Keep writing.
4) Starr over at Threshold Moments. I met star at She Speaks and she is a sweet sister in the Lord. She has an interesting family with an older teenager and a young son. Never a dull moment! Her extended family needs prayer right now as they are going through a physical crisis. If you get a chance pop on over to her site and encourage her with your words of encouragement and your prayers. The more prayers the better! Love you Starr!
5) Sue J over at CREATE: Making something of today. What an encourager you are, Sue. I love reading all of her encouraging comments on others blogs. Her own blog is full of great ideas and real life lessons. She has an amazing love for her family and for God. She has a servants heart, it really shines through!
6) Jennifer over at Summer Missionary. Jennifer is my newest bloggie friend. She is a young lady who Loves God and wants to serve Him any way she can! So young and so precious. I'm enjoying getting to know you and I always appreciate your sweet comments on my posts. I'm glad we're bloggie friends! :)
Ok, that's six bloggie friends. I encourage you to check out all of their blogspots. They are all fun and encouraging.
Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony.