Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dreaming

"I feel like I'm going to burst!" said my big sister. "God wants me to share something with you, but I've never done this before so here goes: You are about to move into the ministry you were created for." She said to me.

I'm a wife and homeschool mom to SIX children. I thought.  I'm sure I already know what my calling is.


She continued, "You are going to see many doors open to you and you'll think, 'this is weird' but walk through them." She finished.

"Okay then, thanks?" I said to my sister.

The year was 2008. My entire life was consumed with homeschooling six beautiful children, and loving on my husband.  But much of that was about to change.

When someone prophecies over you, it's hard to know what to think.  In the past, it has been a confirmation of something already in my heart, but this time was strange.  It was as if God was telling me to prepare for change - but with no clue what to look for.  I began to pray for wisdom.

Within a week, my close friend told me she started a blog.  I had never heard of a blog and asked her to explain it to me.  After checking hers out and realizing it didn't cost any money, I quickly started one. How fun!  I thought. A place to write my thoughts.  I began growing my blog and writing, writing, writing.

Next, my friend invited me to attend a writing conference with her called She Speaks.  After looking into the conference I found it to be full.  With nothing to lose, I put my name on the waiting list and prayed.  "Lord, if it's your will, please let the doors open."

The next day, I had an email sitting in my inbox saying I was in.  That was too fast!  I hadn't even mentioned it to my husband yet!  Prompted by my friend and the Holy Spirit, I called him at work and told him everything.  To my surprise he told me to sign up!!!

Suddenly, I remembered the prophecy given by my sister.  Writing doors were opening up and I kept thinking, "This is weird."  Now I wondered what was next...

To be continued...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

How blessed you are to have a friend to encourage you to write and go to conferences with her...LOL!

I'm so glad we are on this journey together, and that your sister gave you the heads up to move ahead with your dreams.

So glad to be a part of the journey with you!

Jenn said...

on the edge of my seat for part 2 :-) praying for you sonya!s