Sunday, January 2, 2011

Me, Set Goals?

Another year has f-l-o-w-n by!  I said goodbye to 2010 and now I've welcomed in 2011.  I've heard lots of talk about setting goals for the new year, but why?  When I woke up on 2011 I didn't feel any different and my life circumstances hadn't changed, so why set new goals?

God showed me in Genesis that the years and seasons are important to Him:

Gen 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years."

Next He showed me the importance of having goals for my life:

Hab 2:2-3 "And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables (refers to tablets), that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry." (KJV parenthesis mine)

So even though I don't have my goals set (or written down yet) for 2011, I am planning a weekend in January to get alone with God and work on my goals for this year. Then I need to put them in a prominent place in my home so I will see them daily - and run with them.

Have you set your goals for 2011?

5 comments:

jamiely78 said...

Great questions & thank you for pointing out scripture to show the importance of goals.

I have set a few. First is to let go of all the old worn out excuses used to procrastinate about everything. Second is to faithfully follow my churches bible reading plan for the year. Third is to spend less time in front of the TV and honor my family by spending quality time with them and being better house keeper. New mantra: Put it away once done & no more marathon clean-ups on Saturday's".

Good luck with yours!

Beth Herring said...

I haven't really set my resolutions or goals yet. I am like you Sonya - I want to get with God and get serious about what HE would have me to do!

Love to you this New year.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Hi Sonya,

I wish God won't keep bringing up that Hab. verse. It's a heart grabber for me. God likes to remind me of what He has already said. :)

About goals, I dream about direction more than I make a specific plan. However I have intentionally sat down about a week ago and wrote a few things. Now to break that down into steps I can do.

I hope you will take time to let the Lord lead you this weekend. May He lead you into a wide open place of His grace.

Thanks for your friendship and encouragement.

Love,
Tiffany

Joan Anne said...

nice question, and yes i already have a resolution for this year and that is to be a better person than who i am today.

Dallas Dental Implants | Dallas Landscape

Marshall Lynch said...

i really love setting goal.
Edina MN Realty | Gift Baskets