Friday, February 19, 2010

Seasons of Change

It's been almost one month since I felt led to take a blog sabbatical.  The time has flown by! For those who were wondering, I am not working on a book.  I have been working on my articles and devotions, though. 

It has been a sweet time with the Lord.  My husband and I focused on the Lord and on His leading in our lives. We also ended up with almost two straight weeks with the kids at home, due to the snow. The meteorologists said that we have had more snow here in Virginia than in Buffalo New York!  Crazy winter.

I've missed visiting with all of you, and reading your encouraging comments.  I look forward to reconnecting with you all over the next few weeks.  I will be taking it slow as I need to stay focused on my "writing for publication" goal.  At this time, I am not ready to recommit to Thankful Thursday's postings.  Perhaps some time in the future I will take it on again, but for now I need to keep it light and loose. 

If you're here reading this post, leave me a comment so I can re-connect with you!

Acts 2:28  "You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence."

22 comments:

Journaling Gina said...

Good to hear from you...and thankful you are a woman after God's heart, following HIM!

We even got 9 inches of snow where I live in TEXAS so this has been a CRAZY winter!

Take care!
Gina

Tammy said...

Was glad to see your post. I don't always comment but I do visit.

We've thought about leaving NY and moving to Virginia...we're rethinking that move. :)

love and hugs~Tammy

Linda C said...

So glad you've have some "slow down" time- you are so wise to listen to that calling when it comes!

I think the winter snows have created some "together at-home" time for families all over the country this year. We are used to is here in Wisconsin.:)

Take care,
Linda C

Andrea said...

Praying GOD does a might work in and through your writing.
Blessings, andrea

Dreams Do Come True said...

miss you!

I am still doing thankful thursdays on my blog. Can't wait to have you back.

<><
tiffany

Sandy said...

You are an inspiration, and I am praying for you!

Jami Balmet said...

I'm glad your coming back :D

I've missed reading your posts!!

-Jami @Intentionally Living...

Skoots1moM said...

neat to hear from you...
you're missed!!

Kelly said...

Greg is carrying the Thankful Thursday torch and posting each week.

Glad you're back!

Sandy said...

Sonya, Thank you so much for your nice comments to me! I appreciate you!

SusanD said...

Hey Sonya, So glad you have taken the time to update us. How exciting to hear how God is using you and your hubby. I too continue to post TTs. It's something I just feel compelled to continue. You have been missed. Can't wait to read your publications. Blessings, SusanD

achildoftheking said...

Sonja, it's great to hear from you. I'm so happy to hear how the Lord's been blessing you and your family. Happy Weekend.

Nel said...

Glad you are listening to God's calling and following His lead. I always visit your blog, but do not always comment. Have missed you!

until next time... nel

North Jersey Christian Writers Group said...

Glad to have you back! May you and your hubby build upon the sweet time you had together.

Susan

Beth Herring said...

Glad to see you are back. I have been catching the TT posts at Greg's place. He does an amazing job.

Hope your break was fruitful and that God is speaking to you about direction.

In Him,
Beth

GIOVANNI said...

HI I have been visiting your site even though your on a sabbatical leave. Is thankful thursday going back?

Bonita said...

Glad you're back! Good for you on staying focused on your publishing goals!

B His Girl said...

You are keeping your focus on what you need to do. Keep on pressing forward. Rewards ahead. B

Cheryl Barker said...

Continue following the Lord's leading -- and all the best with your pubication dreams and goals!

aims said...

I understand about the need to "focus" - that's a challenge for me. Many blessings to you as you follow the Lord's plan for you!

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Sonya! I'm so proud of you for following hard after what God told you to do. God will honor you and bless your efforts, I just know it!

Miki said...

Welcome back! I'm glad that your sabbatical was fruitful for you and your husband! Miki